Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Toddler chariota

When I go up town for my morning coffee and then whizz around the park on my trusty rollator, I see parents out with their infants harnessed into push chairs. (I never encounter those aristocratic, sprung, huge, black prams that Nannies parade in Hyde Park - my town does not do elite). 

What I love is the modern version of toddler transport: those impressive chariots that carry 4 children at once.



I say, did you see that little  dog over there chasing a big ball?

The occupants always look chirpy and inquisitive, looking around with curiosity and sharing their observations. The big plus is that they seem heavy enough to ensure that the person pushing does not have a free hand to hold his or her mobile. How many carers actually talk to the children, encouraging their interests and improving their vocabulary? 

No comments:

Post a Comment