... that I should like to have genetically modified.
1) The way you snore directly in my ear;
2) and when I call, "Food's ready!" disappear
just long enough for souffles to collapse;
3) your tendency to mumble, "Mmm ... perhaps
or, on the other hand, mmm ... maybe not,"
4) that funny little wart-like, dark red spot
on your bald patch; 5) your pigeon-toed left foot;
6) and, while they're at it, get your chin to jut
a half inch forward, level with your lips;
7) expand your chest commensurate with your hips;
8) I hope they can retune your nasal voice;
9) my mother always felt, if she'd the choice,
she'd modify the somewhat piggy size
10 a & b)
and shape and coloration of your eyes;
in fact she said (I didn't like her tone)
there wasn't much that she would leave alone
but since I love you, darling, as you are,
(almost) I wouldn't venture quite that far
so, one last thing, I'll number it (10c)
you are a bit TOO critical of me.